MiniLap® Percutaneous Surgical System
Less trauma. In its simplest form.
The MiniLap® Percutaneous Surgical System from Teleflex is designed to reduce trauma for your patients while giving you all the essential functionality needed for less complex laparoscopic procedures.
The MiniLap® System represents another advancement from Teleflex in the category of minimally invasive surgery: percutaneous laparoscopy. The slim, 2.4 mm shaft of the MiniLap® System enters directly through the skin using an integrated needle tip—without the use of a trocar. The result is smaller incisions for smaller scars and less trauma.
Designed by a surgeon, the patented deployment design allows the system’s grasper jaws to open up to 12.5 mm, ideal for a variety of the most common laparoscopic procedures.
The MiniLap® System comes in two easy-to-use, disposable designs:
- The MiniLap® System with MiniGrip® Handle, with four types of graspers, makes it easy for surgeons to grasp and manipulate tissue
- The MiniLap® System with ThumbGrip offers a set of four graspers and four monopolar electrosurgical tools that provide the essential functions of traction/countertraction and cutting/cautery
The MiniLap® System makes your minimally invasive procedures even less invasive.
The MiniLap® Percutaneous Surgical System is designed to minimize the footprint of surgery.
The Minilap® Surgical System offers the functionality of traditional laparoscopic devices without the use of a trocar, which can result in less trauma to the patient.
Less Trauma. In its simplest form.
- The MiniLap® Percutaneous Surgical System enables reduced-port laparoscopic surgical procedures designed to minimize the footprint of surgery
- 2.4 mm shaft of the MiniLap® System enters directly through the skin using an integrated needle tip—without the use of a trocar
Ease of Use:
- A low profile and less traumatic option to facilitate access and retract the liver in bariatric procedures
- The Percutaneous insertion enables surgeons to move without the constraints of a bed mount
- Arming lever
- Ratchet switch
- Available in ratcheting or non-ratcheting models
- Arming indicator
- 2.4 mm shaft
- Allows for insertion directly through the skin, leaving a minimal scar
- Proprietary steel shaft provides the strength and rigidity needed for secure tissue retraction
- 30 cm length
- MiniLap® System with ThumbGrip has a 2.4 mm shaft
- Grasper jaws
- Open up to 12.5 mm aperture to easily grasp difficult structures, like distended gall bladders
The tools you need for the procedures you do most
Percutaneous Surgical System with MiniGrip® Handle
•Choose from a portfolio of four grasper devices#
MiniLap® Percutaneous Surgical System with ThumbGrip Handle
•Available in four grasper devices and four electrocautery devices
How to Use
Insert through skin
Make a small incision using an 11-blade scalpel. Insert directly into the abdomen using the integrated needle tip—no trocar needed.
Once entry is observed, advance the instrument and deploy it inside the body for immediate use. Grasper jaws can open up to 12.5 mm.
Lock the jaws onto the tissue for easy grasping. Stabilize extracorporeally for hands-free retraction at the distance and angle you desire.
Use with 5 mm tools
You can also introduce 5 mm laparoscopic devices, such as the Weck® Auto Endo5® Ligating Clip Applier, through traditional laparoscopic access ports.