The Weck® EFx Shield® Fascial Closure System
Fast, Consistent Closure With Enhanced Sharps Protection
The Weck® EFx Shield® Fascial Closure System from Teleflex is the first shielded port closure device, providing enhanced sharps protection for uniform and consistent performance. The EFx Shield® System is designed with speed and safety in mind. An array of enhanced features include:
- Unique shielded wing design for enhanced sharps protection
- Intuitive wing deployment
- Innovative suture retrieval system for unassisted fascial closure
- Suture retriever button
- Designed to make capture and retrieval of suture strands fast and secure
- Slide lock
- Makes wing deployment and approximation easy
- Finger grip pads
- For ergonomic device control
- Suture anchors
- Enable quick and secure suture loading for ease of use
- Retraction wings
- For improved retraction and stability on the abdominal wall
- Suture retrieval wing shields
- Provide enhanced sharps protection, safe suture retrieval, and accurate placement 1 cm lateral to the defect midline
How to Use
To prepare the system, remove both components from the packaging and load the EFx Shield® device with a size 0, 18‑inch absorbable suture.
Deploy the device
Insert the device into the defect and use the slide lock to engage wing shields. Once the wings are locked, position them against the abdominal wall. The suture retriever exit line should be below skin level to ensure an optimal suture purchase.
Retrieve the suture
Fully insert the suture retriever into the guide channel and press the black suture retrieval button until it locks to capture the suture. Remove the retriever and press the reset button to repeat the process on the other side.
Collapse and close
Reposition the slide lock to collapse the wing shields, then remove the device from the defect. Secure both ends of the suture and tie using your preferred method to complete the closure.